"My team has gone through cultural training by Professional Passport. The sessions took place in our four locations (including India) and were based on extensive preparation and pre-work by the Passport team. The preparation was evident in the two day long sessions. The team was guided through the various aspects of being a multicultural, multilocation team, challenged and driven by the various aspects of these elements. The team was educated in how to address differences in behavior, expectation and communication, and how to use them to its advantage. The team was highly motivated and engaged, and has definitely learned a lot on how to address these cultural challenges to better improve its operation.
"The Passport team has demonstrated a high degree of expertise on the domain and has done a great job in guiding the team through understanding the challenges and differences, and then through defining the ways to tackle them. The Passport team has proven to be very instrumental and valuable to the process. I would recommend that training to any team that has multicultural groups within." ~ Gadi Naveh, Director, Chief Technologist Officer at Hewlett Packard, San Francisco.
"Seeing the world from the perspective Professional Passport presented on cultural intelligence was a huge eye opener for me. I had taken several cross-cultural classes before but none of them show me how to effectively position myself within cultures the way this program did. I highly recommend it." ~ Paul Ditman, Sr. Project Manager, Intel, Portland, Oregon, USA
“Excellent program! I loved the fact that this program applies to all cultures and can be offered to our teams located all over the world. This is a program that every employee in every international company should take!” ~ Christian Guers, Director Channel Development Latin America, Akamai Technologies, Santiago, Chile
- "Thank you for a highly informative and rich workshop. We look forward to having you address our students next." ~ Zhang Shujie, Deputy Director, Department of Training and International Cooperation, Shanghai Customs College, Shanghai, China
- "Professional Passport embodies the rare combination of owning a multicultural staff that offers the rich professional experience our company needed to make global training interesting and relevant to all levels. To add to that the Professional Passport team is charismatic, reliable, competent, knowledgeable in all fields, and easy to communicate with." ~ Daniela Martins, HR Director, East Mettals, Zurich, Switzerland
- The class on International Negotiations addresses some key points and provided a very thoughtful and fact-filled overview of the seven cultural dimensions at play in global business. What I appreciated the most is that the program consistently emphasized the need to apply a global mindset in building partnerships throughout the world. I was most fortunate to have had the opportunity to introduce this course to my students. ~ Marvin T. Serhan, Professor, School of Business Administration’s Master of Science in Global Leadership Program, University of San Diego
- “Chemistry is a broad and complex field of study, but in 1869 Dmitri Mendeleev simplified chemistry by devising the periodic table that arranged the elements by characteristics and their relationships to one another. Through her G.A.P. Program, Valérie Berset-Price has provided a similar periodic chart for the complex field of study known as cultural intelligence. She has identified specific characteristics that define cultural dimensions such as the perception of time and place or the process of communication. Through her personal stories and examples it is easy to understand the variations among the characteristics so that a traveler to any foreign location has a thorough understanding of cultural dimensions and how they may affect him. Valérie’s program on cultural intelligence is a must for anyone that wishes to do business overseas.” Michael R. Dicks, Watkins Chair for International Trade and Development, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Oklahoma State University
- I have been present at Valérie's presentations on cultural intelligence and the global mindset on three occasions and in two continents and have never ceased to be amazed by her ability to articulate her experience and insight on the topic in a way that combines wit and humor with an important message. She recently lectured at Oklahoma State University on her G.A.P. Program, which was attended by professors, students, economic development specialists, business professionals and the general public. Valérie transmitted a valuable message that resonated with all. Some people told me it changed their lives. ~ Anthony Cambas, Director Center for International Trade and Development (CITD) at Oklahoma State University
- During my last engagement I had the privilege of hearing an amazing presentation by Ms. Valerie Berset-Price on the startling number of obstacles to understanding that our cultures unconsciously raise during discussions. Prepared initially for yet another sociological treatise, I was instead delighted and intrigued by the humorous notes and the solidly professional content of this Swiss national's presentation. I believe that the senior military leadership and its component commands would both enjoy and profit from listening to Ms. Berset-Price and discussing the sophisticated insights she brings to the table." ~ Ret. Colonel Anthony Wood, U.S. Marine Corps, Santa Barbara, California
- Valérie has developed one of the most outstanding, effective, cross-cultural programs for the professional. I would highly recommend Valérie to any serious executive. Her multi-language skills coupled with her in-depth international business experience provides a skill set that is second to none and first among many. ~ Irl Davis, President, LasTek Corporation
- Valérie brings reality to international business! She is at ease in multiple languages and cultures. The world is her home. She has energy that brings people to their feet, empowering them to achieve sustained relationships, dialog, and astute inter-personal and inter-cultural skills that are critical to both global and even local business success. The size of the organization is not what counts: Whether a sole proprietor with vision or a large company, Valérie's insight and firm but gentle guidance set the standard for international business coaching. On top of all this, she is truly a very nice person to work with. ~ Bill Maris, CPA, Retired CFO
- Valérie knows what she's talking about, and her training is as entertaining as it is informative. Engineers already working abroad or, as importantly, seeking business relationships abroad, would do well to heed her messages about the keys to establishing and maintaining good relations with business colleagues steeped in cultures different than ours here in the U.S. ~ Bill Nesbit, Wm. Nesbit & Associates, Inc., President
- Valérie is a magnificent trainer because of the content of her material and her delivery. Valérie has years of experience working in different contexts in the global community both through her work with local non-profits as well as her experience working for multinational businesses. This experience gives her great insight into working as a member of an international business team. I am an immigration attorney and work with professionals from very diverse backgrounds and I found Valérie’s insight into cross-cultural communication extremely helpful. In addition to being a knowledgeable trainer, Valérie is also a very effective speaker. She is dynamic, funny and to the point. I have thoroughly enjoyed Valérie’s training I come away inspired and energized. ~ Melina LaMorticella, Immigration Attorney, Parrilli Reniso
- I had the pleasure of hearing Valérie speak about the important considerations for a company expanding internationally at a recent meeting of Human Resources professionals. She has wonderful stories that illustrate her key points, all told with great charm and humor. Particularly meaningful to me was the idea that the personality and social skills of employees tagged to develop business in other countries can be more important than subject matter expertise. I have heard many speakers on international business related topics over the years and was impressed with how fresh and new much of her content was. I learned many things I didn’t know as a result of how she frames what she knows to make it relevant as well as entertaining. ~ Mary Carvour, H.R. Director, Coaxis Inc.
- Valérie was without question the best speaker I have had the pleasure of hearing in a professional setting for a number of years. Speaking on international business, Valérie demonstrated exceptional knowledgeable, understanding, and first-hand experience. Valérie engaged the entire audience by sharing relevant information utilizing a humorous and interesting style, but with a pointed purpose. I highly recommend Valérie Berset-Price as a speaker. You won’t be disappointed. ~ Arvid Lacy, CFO, Service Steel
Bravisimo! Enlightening topic, vivid examples, well-conducted session. Grazie! ~ Fulvio Liberatore, Managing Partner, Easy Frontier, Milan, Italy
- Thank you very much for joining us for Pennsylvania International Week event! Your workshop was wonderful and so well received. Many attendees complimented your presentation skills and asked for additional workshops Professional Passport may teach. We will definitely ask you back next year! ~ Dorte Heffernan, Manager, International Trade NW Commission, Oil City, Pennsylvania
"As a multicultural, multilingual business coach, I did not think there was much the G.A.P. Program could teach me. I was thus pleasantly surprised when I realized that Professional Passport's approach to culture is based on the positioning of the self within culture. That is something that I had never been exposed to before, but that approach does empower each of us to reach across the aisle and build true partnerships across cultures. It is a great program that I highly recommend to anyone who works internationally."
Guillermo Felix Dardano Schimmel, Coffee Coach, Santa Tecla, El Salvador